Quality Control Technician
We Own Our Future.
You Can Too.
SJE-Rhombus is a 100% employee-owned manufacturer of control panels for the water & wastewater industry. We are currently seeking to fill the position of Quality Control Technician in our Plymouth, MN engineered systems location.
This position will inspect control panels prior to shipment to ensure they function per their intended design and meet PRIMEX quality and UL standards. Troubleshooting skills and the ability to read and understand electrical schematics and bills of materials are required. Typical engineered control systems include programmable controllers, variable frequency drives, relays, motor starters, motor control centers, terminal strips, wire channel, indicating lights, push buttons, and selector switches.
Minimal overnight travel required in this position. There will be times when travel is required for training and providing assistance to field personal.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Verifying equipment meets both internal and external specifications
- Inspection of components and their application to ensure they meet UL 508A standards
- Application and recording of UL labels
- Electrical troubleshooting of AC & DC control panels
- Testing of DC control panels
- Testing of radio and cellular communication systems
- Testing of motor control equipment that operates from 480 volt 3 phase power systems
- Minor wiring changes
- Field troubleshooting and repair
- Communication with engineers, technicians and builders to identify and resolve errors
Desired Experience Areas:
- AC and DC electronics
- VFD and motor control applications
- Flow, pressure and level instrumentation
- Industrial communication protocols
- Control panel assembly and design
- UL 508A
- Basic Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.)
Ideal Candidate Will:
- Have a 2-year degree in automation electronics or comparable experience
- Prior quality control experience
- Field experience troubleshooting control systems and variable frequency drives
- Be able to read and understand electrical schematics
- Understand bills of material
- Have experience in industrial/commercial wiring
- 5S experienc
Enjoy working in a clean facility. Flexible working hours. Overtime is available.
SJE-Rhombus offers our employee-owners competitive wages, up to 88% company paid health insurance, full benefits package, opportunities for career advancement, extensive corporate training program, Employee Stock Ownership, 401(k) plans and up to 23 paid days off during the first year. Learn more and apply on-line at www.sjerhombus.com.