Entry Level Accountant
|Location:||Detroit Lakes, MN|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
Own your future and become an employee-owner with SJE who recently won the 2017 ESOP Company of the Year award. SJE, a 100% employee-owned company dedicated to water and wastewater control, markets its products globally under three brands: SJE-Rhombus®, CSI Controls® and Primex®. Offering a broad end to end suite of products and services, including float switches, alarms, control panels, web-based SCADA and integrated systems, SJE is proud to provide innovative products with exceptional customer service.
We are looking for the next exceptional employee-owner to join the team as an Entry Level Accountant in our Detroit Lakes, MN location.
The Entry Level Accountant is responsible for assisting with the preparation of accurate and timely financial statements through processing and reconciling accounting data, preparing accurate reporting, processing corporate credit card expenses, and providing assistance with special projects.
- Two or Four-year degree in accounting
- CPA preferred, but not required
- At least 1-2 years’ experience in accounting
- Preparation and analysis of financial statements and reports
- Sales tax return preparation and filing
- Maintenance of fixed asset listing and depreciation schedules
- Account reconciliation experience
Skills and Abilities:
- Attention to detail
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize, and effectively organize and manage workload
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Practices
- Analysis & Research Ability
SJE offers our employee-owners competitive wages, health insurance, full benefits package, opportunities for career advancement, extensive corporate training program, Employee Stock Ownership, 401(k) plans and up to 18 paid days off during the first year. Learn more about our company and apply on-line at http://www.sjerhombus.com/. EOE/Drug Testing
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.