Field Service Technician
|Location:||Des Moines, IA|
|Benefits:||Comprehensive Benefits Package including stock ownership.|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Company:||PRIMEX Plymouth MN|
Own your future and become an employee-owner with SJE-Rhombus! SJE-Rhombus was recently named the 2017 Employee Owned Company of the Year!
SJE-Rhombus®, a 100% employee-owned company dedicated to water and wastewater control, markets its products globally under three brands: SJE-Rhombus®, CSI Controls® and Primex®. Offering a broad end to end suite of products and services, including float switches, alarms, control panels, web-based SCADA and integrated systems, SJE-Rhombus is proud to provide innovative products with exceptional customer service. We are looking for the next exceptional employee-owner to join the team representing the Primex® brand dedicated to designing and manufacturing control panels, engineered systems and SCADA services for municipal and industrial process water applications as a home-based Field Service Technician in the Des Moines, IA area.
The Field Service Technician is responsible for the testing of control systems prior to shipment, successful start-up and commissioning of new projects as well as troubleshooting and service/repair of installed systems. While on site, our Field Service Technicians interact with consulting engineers, contractors, end-users and other equipment suppliers to commission and troubleshoot instruments and control panels, while providing an exceptional customer experience throughout the process. Over 50% of position is travel, including overnight travel. Most trips will be less than one week in duration.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 2+ years electronic/electrical control-based education
- 5+ years of start-up support, system commissioning and system troubleshooting experience
- SCADA, HMI and PLC application troubleshooting experience
- Understanding of PLC programming
- The ability to read and understand engineering drawings and schematics
- Understanding of Electrical theory, Fluid mechanics, chemical processes, digital theory
- Understanding of various communication protocols
- User level experience with Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Familiarity with NEC and UL508 standards
- Water and wastewater industry experience
SJE-Rhombus offers our employee-owners competitive wages, up to 88% company paid health insurance, full benefits package, opportunities for career advancement, extensive corporate training program, Employee Stock Ownership, 401(k) plans, and up to 18 paid days off during the first year. Learn more about our company and apply on-line at http://www.sjerhombus.com/. EOE/Drug Testing