Automation Controls Programmer
|Location:||Plymouth , MN|
|Salary Range:||Dependent Upon Experience |
|Benefits:||Comprehensive Benefits Package including stock ownership|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Company:||PRIMEX Plymouth MN|
Own your future and become an employee-owner with SJE, who won the 2017 ESOP Company of the Year award. SJE®, a 100% employee-owned company dedicated to water and wastewater control, markets its products globally under three brands: SJE-Rhombus®, CSI Controls® and Primex®. Offering a broad end to end suite of products and services, including float switches, alarms, control panels, web-based SCADA & integrated systems, SJE is proud to provide innovative products with exceptional customer service. We are looking for the next exceptional employee-owner to join the team representing the Primex® brand dedicated to designing and manufacturing control panels, engineered systems and SCADA services for municipal and industrial process water applications as a Automation Controls Programmer in our Plymouth, MN location.
The Automation Controls Programmer is responsible for developing and implementing software applications for the controls market, including the development of control logic, data collection, operator interfaces, databases, and network architecture.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Review project budget, proposal, plans, and specifications of work with Project Manager, Sales Reps, external consulting engineers and end users
- Author and review project control descriptions
- Create required programs and interfaces, as well as configure controllers and computers as required per plans and specifications for PLC, other programmable devices, HMI/OIT and PC-based SCADA systems, including development of graphics, alarming, trending, associated database work, historical logging and reporting and networking to other systems
- Perform factory and site testing to ensure software functionality
- Participate and assist with field start-up and commissioning of equipment
The ideal candidate will have:
- 2-year degree in Automation Control or a closely related field or 4-year BS in Electrical Engineering degree is preferred
- Minimum 3 – 5 years’ experience
- Ability to program multiple SCADA and OIT platforms including Wonderware, FactoryTalk ME, and Maple Systems
- Knowledge and experience programming in the water and wastewater industry
- Knowledge of IPv4
- Ability to program multiple PLC platforms, including RSLogix5000, RSLogix500, Horner, Unitronics, S7, and Modicon
SJE offers our employee-owners competitive wages, health insurance, full benefits package, opportunities for career advancement, extensive corporate training program, Employee Stock Ownership, 401(k) plans and up to 23 paid days off during the first year. Learn more about our company and apply on-line at www.sjeinc.com. EOE/Drug Testing
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.